Monday, July 19, 2010

Lots of Stuff

Where do I even start?
Friday morning we filled up with gas and on our way to the Celebrity Pro/Am tournament in Tahoe the truck started making really weird noises and doing this weird bucking thing. Well, Jon figured it was just really bad gas from the no name gas station. So we did all we could to fix it for the time being until we could get down to Mom and Dad Lee's house in Gardnerville, NV. Well, Jon and his dad tried some stuff to fix it, but it was still making the bucking noise and not sounding so good. So, we ended up taking his dad's jeep home. We went to meet up with his dad for dinner and to trade back cars. His dad had spent pretty much the entire afternoon driving the truck around trying to get rid of the bad gas. But of course, when you want the truck to get bad gas mileage and run it out, it doesn't! So he kept it Saturday night to take it up and down the grade on his way back home. Sunday morning he came over and the truck was still not sounding so good so Dad Lee decided to have us keep his jeep till he got back from a business trip in Arizona so that he could fix it for us. (He can fix anything, handyman of handymen!) So that's our car troubles for now..

But yesterday, Sunday, Jon and I had to give talks in Sacrament meeting. Mine was on: I am a child of God. It went well. Jon's was on: The Restoration, what it means to me. He did absolutely fabulous! He's such a great speaker/teacher!
We took a nice walk down to the park and then back home. It was nice just to be able to walk hand in hand and talk about different things. We still learn something new about each other every day! And I hope that keeps going on for the rest of our lives.

Today: We are going to take some things to TMCC (the community college) so we can keep things rolling for the fall. Later on Jon has work and I am going to take in an application to a retail store later on. I've never worked in retail and I'm not sure if it's my cup of hot chocolate. But it's worth a shot! I need to break out of my box and get some things going in life. I am also going to go into a restaurant for their open interview hours today. I had a little interview last week with a restaurant, but they had just hired 2 new people. But good news! They told me to come back in in about a month (if I'm still looking for a job) because they will have openings then, so that's a start! At least they didn't reject me! So that's always something to look forward to if nothing comes up till then.

Things are going well for us. Jon is liking his job, and he has a lot of responsibility. He comes home absolutely exhausted, but all of his hard work will definitely pay off. We are excited to keep things for school rolling. Life is just good right now. But, then again, it always has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment